Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bathtub Drains

Do you have a problem with your bathtub drain?  I did and I put it off for a while because I thought it would require a lot of work.  I have fixed sink drains in the past (See my post in March 2011) and figured a tub drain would work about the same but be harder to get to.  Finally I secured the time I thought I would need and began the job.

First I looked at how I would get to it.  There should be an access panel behind the tub and sure enough mine was in the closet.  I took everything out of the closet, cleaned it up while I was there, took off the panel and scratched my head.  It didn’t look at all like the sink.

To make a long story short, I went back to the tub, used a simple screw driver to take off the overflow cap, pulled up the chain that was attached to the lever and found that it was much simpler than a sink.  I went to the hardware store, bought the correct part and fixed it.  Just look at this picture and you can see what I mean.  I could have told Nancy that it took half the day when in fact it should have taken 20 minutes tops and had a lot of time for myself but it did take a few hours because I lost all that time tearing the closet apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together.

Sometimes it is just better to go to a local hardware store, swallow your pride, and ask what you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment