Sunday, May 29, 2011

Buying a Dog

OK, I’m getting older, my hair is changing colors, my belt has shrunk, and I am a walk is a little slower but 18 Presidents have been older than my current age, God knows how many CEO’s, executives, and heads of major league sports teams.  Professors at major universities are often older than I, Harrison Ford, Elton John, Ann Margaret, and Sophia Loren are older.  I can still read, write, think, and move by bowels without drug help and plan to continue those conditions for quite some time.

So I’m buying a dog and these people parade docile, over aged, low spirited mutts before me and claim they would be perfect, match my life style.  My life style?  They just met me and don’t know a damn thing about me. I drive a Z3, can sail a boat, ski the Rockies, hit a golf ball around 300 yards without an engineered club and flexible ball.

Well, I didn’t get a dog from them and my new pooch is a 1 and ½ year old 90 lb German Shepherd pup who will kick their K 9’s tail. 

The point is people are only old when their views and perceptions are out of date.  I’m not old but that person of limited years is.   In 1750 they would probably be putting me on an ice flow but today I have a chance of going thirty or forty more years, especially if our government offers health care to citizens and doesn’t privatize social security.

Don’t make the same mistake.  Best advice I can give you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment