Sunday, March 20, 2011

Breakfast

OK, Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day but who has the time to fix a “meal” early in the morning?  Besides wouldn’t the 20 or 30 minutes be better spent in bed?  That is the normal opinion of people especially those on the go and singles who are on their own.  Of course that is the line of thought that has us paying $3 for coffee and $5 for a sausage biscuit.  Well as far as I am concerned a poor breakfast is a challenge I can beat but I’m still not trading in my sleep time.

During the weekend I make one or two things that can be frozen and later zapped (microwave).  The trick is to make a casserole or to double or triple a recipe because that doesn’t usually triple the time required.  In the morning during the week I zap some of what I made, let the heat spread, and eat.  A decent meal in a little time and I save quite a bit of money.

I mentioned casseroles but a few other ideas are pancakes, French toast, and sausage gravy.  I’m putting a few suggestions on my other blog, Cooking With Ed at Boyle-Over.blogspot.com and would appreciate hearing suggestions from you on the subject.  Maybe even a recipe or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment