Thursday, June 9, 2011

Are You Kidding Me?

I was watching some TV and one of those dating ads came on.  Of course they all claim to bring more people together and imply that you are looking to get married and most of their couples do just that but this one was a little different.  It was for “Christians”.  Now I have no problem with that.  If you are a business then it is good to target a specific audience and go after them.  Unfortunately this one talks about how you have been unsuccessful and should now leave it in Gods hands.  I didn’t know that things were so bad that God had now started a dating service.

First, God isn’t Christian.  That would mean that anyone who isn’t Christian does not believe in God and the list would include Abraham, Moses, Adam, and many more.

Second, do you really believe that God makes all your decisions including who to date?  As a believer, and I am, I think God puts the puzzle parts in front of us and gives us the intelligence to assemble them.  Hence, free will.  When we do something right, we have made the right decision.  When we do something wrong it is our own fault.

Third, why should I believe that God works through some profitable web site?  Do you?  Do you really think that by signing up for this web page that purports to be doing the will of God that you will find the path that the creator has laid out for you?  I wish I could believe in such a simplistic idea.

Fourth, if they said that they would link “Christians” up, then fine.  Just don’t try to pass yourself off as being God on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment