Monday, February 7, 2011

Quotes to remember

While we may need spiritual “fruits” we don’t’ need Religious “nuts”. 

Don’t read this as an assault on Muslims because it isn’t.  People who claim the U. S. to be a “Christian” nation, Jews who are friendly at arms length with people of other religions, and those who interpret the meaning of God only through their own eyes are all at fault.  If you are religious don’t give up your beliefs, just don’t force them down the throats of others.  While I haven’t done a complete enough study of the subject I doubt there is a religion on earth that preaches getting to heaven is a competitive sport.  We don’t get a better seat by dragging others with us through the Pearly Gates.  We may though, if others follow us on their own.

I’m also fine with it if you don’t believe in God.  Just don’t hold it against me that I do.  That would kind of make you a Religious Nut.

No comments:

Post a Comment